The TSC series, snap-action thermostat, is a miniature, hermetically sealed, bimetal thermal protector, switching via a single-pole single-throw structure, working under resistive load. A bimetal disc snaps instantly, when subjected to certain temperature, to cause a quick switching action, to interrupt or complete a circuit. This device has the advantage of a fixed working temperature, requiring no adjustment, reliable and agile action, long service life and very low radio interference.
TSC series thermostats are used in a wide variety of commercial, domestic and leisure appliances, such as toasters, microwave ovens, tumble dryers and cookers, as well as in industrial applications.
Basic Technical Parameters
• Contact rating: 16A 125VAC, 10A 250VAC (resistive load)
• Type of disconnection: Micro-interruption
• Insulated body material: Thermo=plastic or Ceramic
• Insulation resistance: >100MΩ (using DC 500V Megger)
• Dielectric Strength: 2000V, 50Hz AC, for one minute – no breakdown nor flashover
• Switching options: SPNC, SPNO, Auto-reset, Manual reset
• Standard mounting options: Mobile flange for panel temperature sensing, fixed flange for air temperature sensing or M4x6 central post
• Standard terminal options: vertical or horizontal 6.3mm x 0.8mm Faston (alternative terminal types available on request)
• Earthing achieved via mounting flange